Most important is the pleasure you can gain from sharing your sport with others, and the encouragement and support you can get from your fellow athletes and coaches.
At a more immediate level, you will save at least £2 every time you enter a road race due to the Club's affiliation to UK Athletics and NoEAA (North of England Athletic Association), which can soon recoup the cost of your annual membership.
Members of Lancaster & Morecambe AC also benefit from:
- discounts on purchase of sports goods from specialist retailers including the Runners Centre in Lancaster
- free entry to Mid Lancs League cross country events and track meetings
- access to some of the finest training facilities in the region, including the 8 lane all weather athletic track at Salt Ayre and the associated facilities at the clubhouse
Subscription rates for the next subscription year, from 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018 are detailed below.
Standard membership Fee structure: PLEASE NOTE MID YEAR RATES NOW APPLY UNTIL 31ST MARCH 2018
Junior/Under 11 £40.50
Family (combination of 3 or more athletes 1st 2 people pay full price. Rest pay 25%)
Current Members attending University: £20.00
Second Claim Members: £29.50
Second claim unwaged £21
Non-Members and Guests: £2.00 per session (for up to 5 sessions)
Honorary or Life £16 (this is required EAA affiliation unless you are non-competing)
The fee includes individual registration with the NoEAA membership scheme.
We will then register you with England Athletics - who will send you invoice directly.
If you have any questions about membership please contact:
Membership Secretary : Emily Stapleton
We do now have an option to pay monthly terms are as follows:
1. Membership of Lancaster and Morecambe Athletic Club (the club) is for a period of 12 months. Such period of 12 months (the membership year) shall run from the 1st April to the 31st March of the following year.
2. Membership of the club shall be purchased by the payment of an annual subscription. The annual subscription may be paid either by the payment of a single payment of £68.00 (juniors £65.00) or by an initial payment of £20:00 followed by 11 monthly instalments of £5:00. (If a person purchases their membership in May the relevant figures shall be an initial payment of £25:00 followed by 10 monthly instalments of £5:00.) Such monthly instalments shall be payable on the first day of each calendar month, commencing on the 1st May (or June) of the relevant membership year, by means of a standing order.
3. Monthly payments are only available to those persons who purchase their membership in the months of April or May.
5. The payment of the single payment or the initial payment shall be by means of the England Athletics portal.
6. The payment of either the single payment or the initial payment shall signify the agreement of the payer to be a member of the club for the period of 12 months commencing the 1st April of the relevant membership year and to abide by the constitution and rules of the club for that period.