End Year Membership rates now available 

 

 

 

 

NEXT CLUB RACE 3 BRIDGES 10K 10TH APRIL 2022

Senior Night Out  Friday 25th Feb 

 

 

 

Do not attend training if your showing any symptoms of covid 19 or have had a recent positive test result. 

 

 

 

 New Membership rates now available for 2021-22

 

 

 

Minutes September 2021.

Rate this item
(0 votes)

 

Minutes of meeting 13th September 2021

 

Present:  Nigel Beeson, Carol Bennett, Conor Bennett, Peter Bennett, Mark Gardner, Angus Murray, Steve Perry, Charlie Satterley, Liz Smith, Russell Wareing, Kevin Wilson

1. Apologies:   Emily Stapleton, Carrie Newton-O’Brien

2. News: 

a) Track – Upper & Lower YDL teams have done well over the summer. Numbers were down of athletes attending MidLancs events.

b) Coaching – Junior numbers are down mainly due to a shortage of available coaches. CJB to meet with Victoria Nicholson.

Work due to be done on shot putt area and hammer cage soon.

c) Road running – roadrunners are able to meet at the clubhouse at the start of sessions again  - some runners have not returned as yet.

3. Matters Arising:  

a) Toilets – plumber attending next week – AM to liaise.

b) Defibrillator – RW reported cost would be between £1000 & £2000 – general view was defib to be installed inside clubhouse to avoid risk of damage – training on use may be included in price.

c) First Aid training for coaches – CJB to follow up with coaches 

 LS to check who was on last training session

d) Pole Vault -  CJB had priced up – Preston AC may have one available as they are getting new equipment but will need to look at delivery costs. Groundwork will need doing by Salt Ayre at the 100m end of the track. There is the chance of a pole vault coach coming over from Hyndburn AC. This would give the chance of higher grade competitions being hosted by LMAC.

4. Finance:  

LS reported £5500 received in membership fees to date – 210 members as of 16th August – will ask ES for up to date list of members – RW suggested ES sends list through if she can’t attend a meeting.  CJB will liaise with VN for a list of attending juniors.

Income to date £13,500; track fees paid out £3300. Current surplus £2500; £54000 in bank.

SP requested new medals for 3 Bridges and Festive 4K events – cost around £600 – but advised there will be less profit from these events this year as there will be less runners.

YDL expenses to be reclaimed.

AM advised Kevin Wilson was restarting Power of 5k events on Fridays.

5. Clubhouse

 

COVID payments have covered rates bills.

Still cannot use clubhouse on training nights – will review at next meeting * Tea Bar reopened on Tuesday nights only from 16th November

Clear out of clubhouse needed again – CG will look into doing this 

Track & Field equipment is now in the office; 2 side rooms to be repurposed for indoor training.

6. Training

a) Track & Field – coaches needed so more juniors can be accommodated – RW to enquire with University of Cumbria

b) Road Running – CS & SP to try and encourage Park Runners to join

7. Safeguarding Policies 

Will revisit when Rhoda gets more involved.

8. AOB

 

Email received from Catie Giles – International Youth Games to be held in Almere 2022 – Lancaster can take 8 athletes and 1 leader – CG happy to lead but will ask other coaches too. Lancaster due to host in 2023.

 

Read 62 times
More in this category: « minutes may 2021
Login to post comments